Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter Vacation

Emerie is on vacation from school this week, so I've been trying to schedule fun things for us to do.  It's been a little challenging b/c of the work being done at the creativity center, but I think she's been having fun "working" with mommy!

The week started out with a surprise visit from her Papa (my dad) and Uncle Ryan (my brother).  My dad was helping my brother move back home from Florida and they made a pit stop here in NC.  Emie had a great visit with them.  Everywhere we went, she only wanted to be carried by her Papa, which is very unusual for her.  She even cuddled with him for an hour on the couch.  She's usually only wants to be carried mommy and only cuddles with mommy.  Even though she doesn't get to see our family often, it's nice to see her bond with them.  
Cuddling with Papa

Uncle Ryan taught her how to play Angry Birds on his phone and every time she finds it on mine she says (while laughing) "Unc Wyan birds on phone"
Emie and Ryan either coloring or playing Angry Birds

On Tuesday, we attended the South Charlotte Playgroup egg hunt at Carmel Road Park with some of our friends.  This playgroup has approximately 700 members but there was probably 100-150 moms with 1-2 kids each (lots of kids!).  There's a large grass field next to the playground and the organizers threw tons of eggs all over the field.  When it was go time, Emie ran down the hill like Braveheart and started grabbing eggs 2 at a time.  I have never seen my munchkin move so fast.  She filled her Easter bag in seconds.  
Liam B., Emmett, "Baby Sydney", and Emerie before the hunt
Alaina trying on Emie's shades
Eggs - 2 at a time
Satisfied with her haul for the day :)
Emie - 1 yr ago at the South Charlotte egg hunt

One Wednesday, we went on a shopping trip.  The first thing we do every time we enter the mall is stop at the fountain so Emie can walk along the wall and make wishes on pennies.  She closes her eyes before throwing the pennies, but since I don't think she understands the concept of making a wish, so we usually just whisper the name of someone we are saying a prayer for.  I couldn't spend any time trying to get a decent picture b/c if I leave her unattended for too long on the wall, I'm pretty sure she'd dive in. 

Last week, one of Emie's best friends moved away.  His name is Benjamin Buda and it just hit Emerie this week.  Earlier in the week, we were heading out to meet up with our friends at Ben & Jerry's for FREE ice cream and she started calling off her friend's names to see if they were coming too. (She does this every time we have a playdate.)  The second name she mentioned was "Benfwen" (Benjamin) and I had to tell her that he wasn't coming b/c he moved away.  Her face got very serious and she said "Benfwen a hug" and I said "Did you give Benjamin a hug before he left?" She smiled and with excitement in her voice, responded "Yeah, I DID!"  Every day since, she has told me at least 2x a day that "Benfwen move away".  If Benjamin's mom is reading this - WE MISS YOU GUYS!

-xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Great blog Trish! Keep it up! I hope that i can do this someday...all of our trips are in a handwritten diary! This seems so much easier... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had started it sooner! It would have been nice to look back and read about the 1st 2 yrs of Emie's life...don't forget to subscribe :)

      Delete